Sunday, August 2, 2009

Carnevale Italiano

Yesterday was the annual VJB Wine Club members luncheon. It's always a lovely day outdoors at the home of the Belmonte's., the winery owners. They make us all a part of their family. Our menu was: Antipasto Italiano: Assorted salami and Vegetable Salad with EVOO. Farfalle al Ragu Bologhnese: Bowtie pasta with beef and chicken in tomato Parmesan Cheese sauce. Carne alla Broco: Grilled lamb, Italian Sausage and Chicken marinated in fresh herbs served with seasonal vegetables. Motttonella al Grand Marnier: Ricotta and Mascarpone Cheese, Lady Fingers, Rum, Grand Marnier and Apricot Syrup. I was thoroughly enjoying myself and didn't think much about taking pictures. However, here are snapshot moments of the day....
Greeters (actors who also entertained throughout the afternoon)




Some barrel tasting as well.



They liked us.




He liked me.



Nectar of the Gods.



He likes redheads and told me I was a very attractrive woman. I liked
him a lot too! LOL

Henry Belmonte.


A standing ovation for Owner/Executive Chef Maria Gabriella Belmonte.

No comments: