Friday, March 13, 2009

Views From My Kitchen, Garden and Area I Live In

One night I splurged and we had filet mignon and large shrimp with horseradish cocktail sauce and baked zucchini.

One of the salads I had for lunch.

These Provencal stuffed yellow bell pepper were delicious for lunch. They are stuffed with red onion, zucchini, mushrooms, garlic, tomatoes, pine nuts, fresh basil, and a little bit of cheese.


Roasted vegetables with salsa verde was delicious too. Vegetables roasted were zucchini, fennel bulb, butternut squash, shallots, red bell peppers and tomatoes. The salsa verde was made with fresh mint, Italian parsley, Dijon mustard, lemon juice and olive oil. I served brown rice with it.


Chile, Tomato and Spinach pizza. This was very good made with sun dried tomatoes, fresh red chiles (I used very little), onion, garlic, canned tomatoes in the sauce, and topped with fresh chopped spinach leaves, cheese and black pepper. The recipe called for smoked cheese and cheddar. I used what I had on hand which was fresh mozzarella. For the crust I used fresh whole wheat pizza dough from Trader Joe's.



Spring is definitely showing its face in the garden. The African daisies are in full bloom.


The hyacinths are blooming.


Meyer lemons I have to get off the tree still!


Daffodils are blooming even though I planted them very, very late.


Rosemary blooming.



The mock lavender that covers an arched arbor in the garden. I love this plant. It's heart, stays green all year and though is reminiscent of lavender it does not attract bees as much. There is no smell.



The hydrangea's are leafing.

Begonia blooming. This plant belonged to my parents and we love to see it bloom every year.

California poppy's by Elder Creek near our community.

Strawberry patch down the road from our community. It has grown so much in the past few years. Great strawberries.


Pretty scenery near the house.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I love the pictures from your garden. I am jealous of your meyer lemon tree. I don't think mine will survive. I think it got way too cold this year. I'm also thinking my location wasn't the best. I'm going to try again if it dies or transplant it to a pot if it makes it. I love your Meyer lemon jelly! I want to be able to make some too!

Eileen and Stan said...

Spring isn't here for us yet. Still snow in spots. I'm anxiously awaiting my daffodils staring to pop-up. Then I'll believe Spring is on the way. Your garden looks beautiful!