Monday, March 16, 2009

Views From My Kitchen

This is our recent produce delivery. Lots of wonderful veggies and fruits. I roasted the beets and had them as a side veggie and also made a salad with them.

I can't get enough of California Clementines. They are consistently sweet, juicy and easy to peel.

A quick and easy pizza using refrigerated pizza dough. I do the thick crust recipe on the can.

David loves his loaded with pepperoni.


I make a veggie for me. This time around it was coarsely chopped spinach, sliced mushrooms and red onions. Both types have red sauce and mozzarella.

We had fish last night. I had this prepared, cooked and on the table in 20 minutes or so. While preheating the oven to 350 degrees F I sprayed a 9X9" baking dish with cooking spray and put 2 talipia tenders in. (They are just a thick fillet.) I coarsely chopped red chard and minced garlic. While the fish baked in the oven (nothing on it) for 15 minutes, I heated EVOO in a large skillet. when hot added the garlic and stirred quickly for no more than a minute. Then I added the chard, a few splashes of dry white wine, covered and let cook down on medium-low heat, stirring occasionally. To serve, place chard ion the middle of 2 dinner plates, sprinkle with a little feta cheese and top each with a fish tender. Squeeze the juice of a quarter lemon over each one and serve.

YUMMY!

No comments: