Monday, June 15, 2009

BBQ Baked Beans

I made these for the first time to serve at our summer party this past weekend. They came out good and were well received. The recipe is a keeper. This is actually a recipe form Famous Dave's that I received with my last shipment I ordered from the of their BBQ sauces and rubs. I ate there with my brother Ron and Deb in Omaha when we were back there a few years ago and we became fans of the taste of their sauces and grilling rubs. This recipe uses one of the their BBQ sauces, but you could use your favorite as well, though the taste will of course be different.

Grill or fry until blackened 8 oz. of mild smoked sausages. (The ones I bought said mild but have a kick to them which was good in this recipe) You can also smoke them again on your grill which I did not do. Once cooked, cut each sausage lengthwise and then in quarters. Then cut quarters into slices. Set aside.

You'll need 1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper and 1 cup chopped onion, 1 (28 oz) can baked beans, and 1 bottle (20 oz) of Famous Dave's Rich and Sassy BBQ Sauce.

Saute peppers and onions just until onions are slightly softened. Add sliced sausages, beans and BBQ sauce. Stir to blend. Simmer over low heat for 20 minutes. These are better made 10 hours to 2 days ahead of time. Cover and place in fridge for the flavors to meld well. This is a must. The taste really does improve. Enjoy at your next BBQ.

No comments: