Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Cucumber Sandwich Recipe

I have received requests for my recipe to make cucumber sanwiches. I originally received this recipe from my brother Ron years ago. It is definitely my favorite. Here is the recipe:

1/4 cucumber
1/2 teaspoon wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt
Softened butter
4 slices white bread
Freshly ground black pepper
Chopped fresh dill or dried dill

Peel cucumber, then cut into paper thin slices. Place in a colander and sprinkle with vinegar and salt. Leave 30 minutes.

Pat cucumber slices dry on papeer towels. (Make sure the are dried well.) Butter both sides of bread. Arrange cucumber slices on 2 bread slices. Season with pepper and dill to taste. Cover with remaining slices and press together. Using a heart shaped cookie cutter, cut out 2 from each sandwich. Arrange on a serving plate and garnish with dill sprigs if desired.

No comments: