Friday, June 13, 2008

This and That

Meyer lemons from our garden.


Home-made Meyer lemon curd. So easy and quick in the microwave. Here's the recipe:


2 good size Meyer lemons, juice and grated zest (about 1/2 cup juice, and 1-tablespoon lemon zest)
3 eggs, whisked
3 to 4 ounces butter
1 scant cup sugar
Melt butter in microwave-safe bowl. Add rest of ingredients and whisk together well. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes on HIGH in microwave, whisking after each minute, for the first 3 minutes. Lower cooking time to 30 second intervals and whisk after each. Cook up to 5 minutes until done. Place into a clean jar or container, cover and refrigerate for 2 weeks or so.


We decided to remove the round glass kitchen table and put stools at our island instead since it is just David and I. We moved the table upstairs to the collection/bonus room as a game table. The stools were in my parents kitchen.


We found this lamp at JoAnne's Glass Gallery in old downtown Truckee. We fell in love with it and it is now in the newly decorated guest room.



My friend Verona gave this plate to me as a gift. It has it's home in the corner of the kitchen where the counters meet. How fitting is this to our love of wine and food?! I love it so much I had to share it.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I am going to have to make that spaghetti sauce & microwave cheese curd recipes.

Love David & Jacob. Great photo!

Basil, I have to plant my basi.