Monday, February 2, 2009

Book Ends

I'm always reading. Here are some of the book I have read recently.


The Mitford Series by Jan Karon; A Home in Mitford, A Light in the Window, These High, Green Hills, Out to Canaan, A New Song, The Wedding Story - My friend Barbara loaned me these books. This is a delightful easy reading series about Father Tim an Episcopal priest who has a parish in the little mountain town of Mitford. We follow his personal life and his courtship and marriage to Cynthia who he didn’t meet until he was in his early 60's, and his retirement. We get to know the town people and parishioners of his church. There is nothing boring about this little town and there are many miracles. I can’t put the books down and I feel like I know all the characters personally. I am now reading the 7th book in the series titled, In This Mountain. Feel good reads!

Dreams from My Father, A Story of Race and Inheritance by (President) Barack Obama: This is a beautifully written and candid memoir, and very easy to read. Everyone needs to read this book. Perceptive and wise, you will learn something about yourself no matter if you are black or white. I can’t say enough about this book. 5 measuring spoons!

Foul Play by Janet Evanovich: Not a Stephanie Plum book by any means, but it gives a taste while we fans of Stephanie wait for the 14th book in the Plum series to be released.

No comments: