Friday, February 6, 2009

Say Uncle!

I give! I give! Yesterday afternoon I decided to try making and preserving Meyer Lemon Marmalade. I zested and sliced very thin, I removed the white pith, and I tried supreming the lemons. Have you ever tried to supreme lemons? Oranges, yes, but little lemon slices with tons of seeds? Yikes!

After 1 1/2 hours I had only 1 cup of fruit and wasted many lemons trying to get the sections to come out. An almost impossible job. I need 2 1/2 cups of fruit to make 3 pints of marmalade. Nah, I'm not putting anymore hours into this or wasting any more lemons.

I tossed this away never wanting to see it again.

And I juiced the rest of the lemons I had and bagged them by 1 cup measurements and placed in the freezer.


I put the thinly sliced peel and other peel I removed in small bags and froze for later use as well.

Now to pick the tons of Meyer lemons left on our tree.......... oiy!

1 comment:

Jen said...

WTG Mom! What a chore that was! But you saved the day by bagging up the juice and rind! You rock!