Saturday, August 23, 2008

Fun in the Kitchen

I don't bake much for David and I because we don;t need to eat it. However I do enjoy baking every now and then. I wanted to try a couple of new muffin recipes I came across.




I hadn't baked to share with the neighbors in quite a while so I decided to go for it.


I started with Pineapple, Coconut with Rum Essence Muffins. Here they are just popped into the oven. BTW, I just love the silicone muffin cups. I have been using them for a few years now and am always delighted with the results.

These muffins were a big disappointment. They are dry and the flavor doesn't come through as you would expect them too. This recipe got tossed out. Not sure what I will do with the muffins. MAke bread pudding or something to give to a neighbor.


Next I tried Banana-Chocolate Chip Muffins since I had ripe bananas building up in the freezer. These smell so heavenly when baking.


They are a moist muffin and taste as good as they smell. The flavor of the banana is good and the chocolate chips stand their own and compliment the banana flavor. I used this recipe: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/BANANA-CHOCOLATE%20CHIP%20MUFFINS-101020

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Wondered if those were silicon muffin papers. Good to know you like them!

They would be a lot smaller to store than muffin pans and I could use the cookies sheets I already had in the kitchen.

Jen said...

Those look delicious! It sure seemed like you had a great time!