Sunday, August 31, 2008

Special Goodies for Justin - Pumpkin-Chocolate Chip

We will be seeing the grandchildren tomorrow (yay!) so I baked cookies for Justin. He likes that I bake cookies especially for him. His very favorites are the Triple Peanut Bars with Chocolate that I bake. I baked something new for him this time; Pumpkin-Chocolate Chip Cookies.

I recieved the recipe from an Internet Foodie friend Risa and they are really good!


You'll need to make them:
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup quick cooking oatmeal
1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
1 cup unsweetened pumpkin puree (out of the can works just fine)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 12 cups pecans, chopped

Sift together the flour, baking soda and spices, then mix in the oatmeal. Set aside. (I sift by whisking, works great and saves time and clean up)


In a large bowl of an electric mixere fitted with the paddle, cream the butter; then beat in the sugars, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract and egg. Add the flour-oats mixture.


Place batter in a large bowl and add the chips and pecans. Mix well. Chill the dough for 1 hour.


Drop the dough in rounded tablespoons on well-greased sheets (I did not grease my sheets and had no trouble at all removing them), spacing them 2" apart. Bake each sheet in the middle level of a preheated 350 degree F oven for 10 to 15 minutes, until lightly browned and set. (14 minutes in my oven.) Note: Keep batter in frisge between scoopings.

Remove immediately and transfer to cooling racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight conatainer at room temperature. Then try to eat just one........


3 comments:

Jen said...

These look delicious Mom! I can't wait to eat them tomorrow...and I know Justin will be excited that you baked for him!

Sarah said...

Looks good gto me!

African Kelli said...

Oh lordy those look heavenly!