Saturday, August 30, 2008

Views From My Kitchen

Beautiful pencil thin asparagus I picked up at Costco for a steal. In the baking pan and ready to roast.


Tossed in olive oil and sprinkled with kosher salt and pepper. Then roasted in a 500 degree F oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Plated and served with the last of the ripe Meyer lemons from our garden. Even Scruffy, one of our cats ate them up.

Raspberry Liqueur I put up last year, stored in the wine room, and I promtly forgot all about it! As you can see the color has turned very dark and no longer a beautiful shade of red. I went ahead and strained it well, but haven't added the simple syrup. I am not going to be able to use this bacth after all. I was hoping it would be part of our Christmas giving this year.


The lastest handful of heirloom yellow grape tomatoes from the garden. Delicious in a tossed salad, or cut in half and simply tossed with fresh basil from the garden, olive oil and balsamic vinegar.


I have mentioned before I have been trying to use what is in our freezer in the garage. I found one last container of meat sauce I had made a while back so we had that for dinner last night.

Topping spaghetti with a bit of Percorino Romano cheese and fresh basil.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Yum, there are a lot of days I wish I lived closer to eat at your house...a lot!

Jen said...

Looks delicious Mom! I'm sorry your Raspberry Liquor didn't make it! There is always next year :-) Maybe this holiday season you and I could do something like that together and then we can give it to our friends! Oreo drooled when he saw the asparagus! I have one container of your deliciuos sauce left...and if I feel like sharing (ha ha) we can have it Tuesday night!