Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Mock Chicken Marsala

My back started acting up while we were in Truckee and it got worst by Saturday when we were home. I did way too much heavy lifting, bending, carrying, and yanking hoses around the yard. I have had to baby it, sadly missing our good friends Averill & Bob's wedding and reception Saturday night. However there are just times you do not have a choice but to stop and let things take their course and heal.

I haven't been cooking much at all during this time. Last night was the first night I felt up to tackling a meal other than scrambled eggs, but I wasn't up to prepping much either. I also have not been able to go out to the grocery store and my fridge and vegetable bins are pretty empty. Nothing fresh to cook with. So I made Mock Chicken Marsala using chicken from the freezer and things from my pantry. Actually it is very tasty! David said he would like it again.

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/3 cup nonfat sour cream
1/2 cup Marsala wine
1/3 package dry onion soup mix


Put the chicken breasts in a square glass baking dish and sprinkle with freshly gorund black pepper and a small pinch of dry onion soup mix.


Mix the rest of the ingredients together and pour over chciken in baking dish. Cover with foil and bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 45 minutes.


Very good served with rice topped with sauce and a veggie. I had some green beans in the freezer so there you have it. Took just minutes to prepare.

1 comment:

Jen said...

This looks great Mom, and what a great idea for a "quick" version of an original! Yum! I'll have to try this!