Tuesday, January 13, 2009

On the Healthier Life-Style Quest Front

Yesterday morning I tried two classes in my quest for a healthier life-style. The first class was from 8 AM to 9 AM and it was an exercise class. There is low-impact aerobics, yoga stretches, exercises using hand weights, others using a rubber sash to work your legs and arms against the tension. There is a part of the class that you can go outside for a walk or do exercises on your own. After that we are down on the floor on mats doing a series of other exercises. I loved this class and it made me sweat and breath harder which is what I am looking for. I need to burn calories and get in better physical shape.

The second class I tried was from 9 AM to 10 AM and it was a yoga class. This class is different than most yoga classes at a gym. Breathing seemed to be the main focus of the class and they do a lot of chanting along with the yoga stretches. It was a very peaceful and meditative vibe which was nice, but it is not what I am looking for right now. I need to be up and moving. I meditate at home.

I have signed up for the exercise class. It is 3 days a week, Monday, Wednesday and Friday's. I am really looking forward to it. The people in the class are very friendly. Many came up to introduce themselves. It's like a family in there. A nice atmosphere. Anyway. I plan to walk the two days between the classes and am looking at weekends being committed exercise free. I will say hoinestly that there are muscles talking to me today that I forgot I had. That's a good thing.

2 comments:

Ron said...

Good for you Diane. Simple small steps to better health!

How is the new cable and Internet service? Wish I could up my Internet, but living in the country we are stuck with very high sevice fees and very low high speeds.

Love ya,

Ron

Anonymous said...

"Health is wealth" is known to all and everyone wants good health. That means no one wants to leave this wealth. So, Let us build a food habit discipline, keep pace with work, rest and or exercise to Achieve good health, The ultimate wealth.
The Health Dude