Tuesday, January 13, 2009

On the Healthier Life-Style Quest Front

Yesterday morning I tried two classes in my quest for a healthier life-style. The first class was from 8 AM to 9 AM and it was an exercise class. There is low-impact aerobics, yoga stretches, exercises using hand weights, others using a rubber sash to work your legs and arms against the tension. There is a part of the class that you can go outside for a walk or do exercises on your own. After that we are down on the floor on mats doing a series of other exercises. I loved this class and it made me sweat and breath harder which is what I am looking for. I need to burn calories and get in better physical shape.

The second class I tried was from 9 AM to 10 AM and it was a yoga class. This class is different than most yoga classes at a gym. Breathing seemed to be the main focus of the class and they do a lot of chanting along with the yoga stretches. It was a very peaceful and meditative vibe which was nice, but it is not what I am looking for right now. I need to be up and moving. I meditate at home.

I have signed up for the exercise class. It is 3 days a week, Monday, Wednesday and Friday's. I am really looking forward to it. The people in the class are very friendly. Many came up to introduce themselves. It's like a family in there. A nice atmosphere. Anyway. I plan to walk the two days between the classes and am looking at weekends being committed exercise free. I will say hoinestly that there are muscles talking to me today that I forgot I had. That's a good thing.

1 comment:

Ron said...

Good for you Diane. Simple small steps to better health!

How is the new cable and Internet service? Wish I could up my Internet, but living in the country we are stuck with very high sevice fees and very low high speeds.

Love ya,

Ron