Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Snapshots of My Day

David decided he wanted to switch to AT&T U-Verse from Comcast Cable. Today was the day scheduled to hook it all up.

The guy started at 10 this morning. By noon as I walked through the house I saw this on the screen of every TV in the house. It seemed to be a problem on the other end, not with us and there was nothing the guy could do until they fixed it so he went to lunch.

This was a little before 3PM. Everything was up and running. He was just getting my Internet up for me. Poor guy. I spent the afternoon working on a variety of recipe projects so he found himself swimming in a sea of papers (recipes) at my work area.


I wanted something quick and easy to throw together for dinner this evening, that was also low-fat and healthy. So Idecided on chicken and veggie quesidillas. I used whole wheat, trans fat free tortillas, and filled them with shredded poached chicken ( put some onion and garlic in the poaching water), sliced fresh mushrooms, sliced roasted red bell peppers I had on hand in my freezer, sliced water-packed artichoke hearts and shredded mozzarella. Place all the ingredients on one half of each tortilla and fold in half to make a half moon. Spray a large skillet with cooking spray, and cook the quesidillas over medium heat until they are nice and brown, the right crunch you want and the cheese is melted. They were very good and basically no time spent in the kitchen.



Cooking in the skillet.


Ready to bite into. We ate them like tacos.

No comments: