Thursday, November 13, 2008

Christmas in November

Yes, you read that right. I know what you are thinking; this chick has OCD or something. Trust me I do not. We do have an annual holiday party the first weekend of December each year and that requires me to get the house decorated early. Now I can concentrate on planning the menu, shopping, cooking, getting prizes, favors and gifts together and wrapped and still live my life.

A couple of wreaths I made for out first Christmas in this house 7 1/2 years ago.



This baking Santa is one of my favorite decorations.

Candlelight for the coffee table.

Lighted snnowman. I love lots of white lights and candle light at the party.

This nutcracker stands near the front door. He either offers favors or pepermint candy to guests when they leave. It depends what I am doing that particular year.


Grennery in some areas of the house.


Annalee Santa and Mrs. Claus. These had belonged to David's mother. They are the orginals that Annalee made and hand painted the faces herself. These are David's favorite decorations.

Another lighted snowman.


Decroations on the shelves in the downstair guest bath.




Aunt Vaden and Uncle Arlen bought this Christmas frog for me one year. Another of my favorite decorations. He sits regally in the guest bathroom as well.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The house looks beautiful! Though this post appears on the first blog, I have read them both. Good idea to have a single tree, I think. Your guests will be greeted with Christmas cheer and the love that you have in preparing for your party.

Love, Vaden

Sarah said...

Can you come and decorate my house??