Saturday, November 15, 2008

Moments

There was an incredible full moon Thursday night. I'm just sorry my picture doesn't do it justice. It's light shone so bright in my windows that night I kept waking up.

Thursday evening was also the night I had dinner with friends Ginger and Karen at The Sheepherder's Inn. We hadn't gotten together in quite a while, so we had a three hour gab fest over a delicious dinner. We had a great time.

Okay, we talked so much I never even thought to take pictures of our salads and entrees. However I did get shots of two of the desserts we ordered. We figured we would go all out since we were celebrating our sisterhood. The above is what Karen ordered; Warm Chocolate Granache Cake, with Intoxicated Raspberries and Whipped Cream.

I love lemon so I chose the Lemon Pudding Cake with Raspberry Coulis and Vanilla Creme Anglaise. To die for! Ginger had the Toffee Sundae with Chocolate Sauce, though I didn't get a picture of it.


Friday night was our dinner group. This time we gathered at Averill's and Bob. Averill baked a spiral ham, Paulette brought homemade chunky applesauce, Verona baked sliced potatoes in beef broth, Rose made a killer green salad, Barbara brought homemade buttermilk biscuits and I made Pumpkin Mousse for dessert.

This recipe is so easy. My foodie friend Sonia first shared it with me. Mix 2 pkg's of instant vanilla pudding (regular or sugar and fat free) into 2 cups milk (regular or 1%) until set. Fold in 1 15-oz can pumpkin puree, 1 container of Cool Whip (regular or lite), and 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice. That's it. Spoon into individual serving dishes/glasses and refrigerate until serving time. You can also make this using instant butterscotch pudding. I find you need very little pumpkin pie spice with the butterscotch if any.

A small floral arrangement inside a gourd for our hosts.

The end of the sunset as we were driving to the dinner last night. The colors were gorgeous. I couldn't get my camera out in time to catch it at it's height of color. This afternoon we are going to Arco Arena to see Trans Siberian Orchestra. Theresa and Shawn are taking us for David's birthday which is later this month. We are so looking forward to it and the time with the kids. We will be stopping somewhere afterwards for dinner, so hopefully I remember to take out my camera. Have a great day!

2 comments:

Erin said...

The desserts made my mouth water and I could almost taste them especially the ganache cake. Hmmm... I hope you enjoy the orchestra and company.

Sarah said...

sounds like a good night!