Friday, September 12, 2008

Asparagus Fritata

In my quest to use what foods I already have I found eggs and asparagus that I needed to use soon. So I decided to whip up some simple fritatas.


Beaten eggs, steamed asparagus pieces, Parmesan Cheese and black pepper was all I used, along with a touch of olive oil in the bottom of the skillet.


Cooked slowly in a skillet over a low heat on the stove and placed under the broiler for 30 to 60 seconds once the bottom was set.


Tomorrow we are going to Lancaster Winery in the Alexander Valley with a group of friends for their club member tasting and luncheon. I sliced the fritatas and packed in small containers, one for each of the 2 cars for a healthy morning snack on the 3 hour drive to get there.


Okay, and I did try a slice this afternoon to make sure they tasted good. (Yes they do.)

No comments: