Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Inspiration, Visions, Growth, Changes

My friend Kelli showed pictures of her Vision Journal, which she used words and pictures to make, and asked everyone reading her blog, "What inspires you, and what do you envision in the next year?"



Reba McEntire Rose



Truly, so many things inspire me; God, reading other peoples blogs, certain smells such as the ocean air, candlelight, the creativity of my friends and family, books. I find an incredible amount of inspiration from nature.

Mexican Limes

I envision in the next year experiencing more places in the United States with David, discovering new wineries and fabulous wines (to us), seeing Jacob, Justin, jen and John much more often, helping my grandsons become the very best they can be as individuals and in the world, continuing working on my spirtual/religious journey, staying close to the earth, eating more vegetarian meals, improving my exercise routine, continue to meet new people, do more outreach work, and being a more learned vegetable gardener.

Peace Rose

So I would like to ask you the same questions. I hope you will share your answers in the comments area.


Meyer Lemons

As to short term goals, I am still working on creating dinner entrees from what I have on hand in my freezer and pantry and purchasing only fresh produce each week. It has fueled my creative passion in the kitchen. I have been having a fun time with it and have almost used up the things that have just about been around too long.

Orange Begonia

I have brought meditation back into my weekly routine. It brings me awareness, a grounded energy, relaxation and peacefulness.




Violas

I continue to dance for exercise. Yep. I put on my old favorite dance tunes and I dance my heart out. Just ask my cats; they are never sure just what to make of it, but they all gather around in the room and watch me.

Heirloom Yellow Grape Tomatoes

Some things that need changing: Watering our entire yard by hand. Drip system needs to come to our yard, even if David doesn't agree. No one in this day and age should be outside for going on 2 hours every morning watering! Well, unless they want to, and I do not. David has always done it, but these past 15 1/2 weeks with David off his feet and I have to do it have made me decide they need to go in before next summer. I love puttering in the garden, but watering for hours is not high on my enjoyment list. It also makes it more difficult for us to travel because we have to find somet=one to water the yard.


Celebrity Bush Tomatoes

Clear out a place in the yard to plant tomatoes in the ground next year. They grow small for me in container gardening. They are wonderful for salads, but I want to cook and freeze so I have fresh made tomato sauces and other mouth watering treats all winter long.


Dahlia

Note to myself: Plant more spring bulbs. A vole ran off with the majority of my Dutch iris, daffodil, and hyacinth bulbs. Little rascal. Our tulip bulbs have been in the ground quite a long time now and this year they did not grow as tall or bloom as well as they have in the past.


6 comments:

Sarah said...

I am in agreement with your drip irrigation aspirations!

I aspire to help my children grow into smart responsible adults, continue to enjoy life every day and I do look forward to finding love again in life.

Jen said...

Lots of things inspire me. My friends, family, co-workers, perfect strangers. I aspire to help my children grow into fun, smart people, nurture my marriage, plan a family vacation for the near future, to see more of my family more often, and to just enjoy my husband and children and learn to "stop and smell the roses" more often. Chores, bills etc. will all be there the next day and that is OK!

Ron said...

Every moment of every day inspires me. The wonder of nature and all the beautiful gifts sent to me each day in the people I meet.

In the short term, I plan to enjoy every moment of each day. Begin the transition from middle age into old age. Shift into retirement mode and begin looking for all the new challenges that will come my way.

AmericanKnitter said...

Actually I am inspired by other people and their artistic talents.
I am continually amazed at how creative people are in this world.
The natural world inspires me because of its seemingly simple and elegant way of getting things done. I tend to take the shortest route to any endeavor hoping to keep things uncomplicated.
Your question about goals for the coming year only points out that I don't have goals. I suppose I need to think about that one. Why not?

;-)

Cathy said...

I'm inspired by the fact that everynite when I lay in bed and think about my day that I can say I have my family ,my friends the one I love, I am very rich. Not everyone can have that.

Now as for the future goals, RETIREMENT,RETIREMENT,RETIREMENT......... and connecting more with everyone in my life.

Erin said...

I aspire to make uninterrupted moments in my life for myself, my husband, and my children everyday. I want to never have a moment that I don't remember how precious and fleeting life is.

My short term goal is to survive my upcoming surgery, and recover. I want to sing like I haven't sung in years and never stop smiling and laughing with my children.

When I need inspiration I never have had to look far. Whenever I need it I can look into the eyes of my children and my husband. If they happen to not be around inspriation comes from a smile or a short talk from a stranger. Sometimes just looking at the sky can do it.