Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Roasted Golden and Pencil Thin Orange Carrot Soup with Tangerine

I roasted the carrots with a touch of olive oil, a little fresh thyme, salt and pepper in the oven at 400 degrees for an hour. I scrubbed the carrots clean, I didn't peel them.


I juiced some of the tangerines I have left, and defrosted some chicken stock from the freezer.

Chopped white onion..........

and added it to a pot where I had melted 1 tablespoon butter and put a little chicken stock and ginger. I covered the pot and cooked for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to soften onions and bring out flavor of ginger.

I added the stock, tangerine juice and carrots and let simmer for 15 minutes.


I then added a little 1% milk and used my handy dandy immersion blender to puree soup.....


Until it became very smooth and a nice thick consistency. I seasoned a little with kosher salt and freshly gorund black pepper.

A bowl for my dinner topped with tangerine zest.......

and a jar for a neighbor.

No comments: