Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Creative Moments

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life." -- Burton Hills

Yesterday I was looking for something quick and easy to make for dinner and still use what I have on hand. I made Taco Soup using the above.....

as well as 1 pound cooked ground beef (could use ground turkey) and 2 cups of water.

Stir together in crock pot and cook on low for 7 1/2 to 8 hours.


I had some tortilla chips leftover from when the kids were here, so I served the soup in individual bowls with crushed tortillas chips on top and shredded Mexican cheese blend. It was tasty for something so simple and out of cans basically. David suggested I use 2 pounds of meat next time and make it even thicker. I might. I have enough to bring with me to Palo Alto today to have for meals there.


My spirit and soul need creative activities everyday to remain happy.


I have been enjoying making the covered notebooks for gifts.

I am trying to think if what I can bring to Palo Alto with me that won't take much room or make too much of a mess


but will fulfill the creative need I have.


I haven't figured it out quite yet.


The Halloween card Theresa made this year. She is very creative with paper and is a Creative Memories consultant as well along with her normal job.


Jen always carved our pumpkins when she lived at home. She's very creative at it. The last Halloween before she got married (the week before actually) she carved pumpkins for us using the imitation ones you can carve available at Michael's. This is my very favorite -- the cat face. Well, I am off to get everything together, including myself to leave for the San Franciosco peninusla.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Safe journey, Dear One. In my last post, I should have said, "mothers, grandmothers, aunts"....More hugs, Vaden

Jen said...

I love your books Mom. I still have to try mine....I need to see if I have glue stick! I think I need to get that. And the soup sounded great. That is definately one I will try with my guys! Have a safe trip. Love you!

Ron said...

Love the quote for today and the books and food are wonderful. Almost makes me want to eat meat.....almost.

Thanks so much for helping Debbie out with Erin and McKenzie.

Love ya,

Ron