Friday, October 24, 2008

Erin Update - 7 AM - Not The Good News We Hoped For

About a half hour or so after my update last night, Erin vomited again. Deb was going to drive her to the ER but with Erin still getting sick and not knowing what really was going on with her, I suggested she call 911 to send an ambulance and paramedics. She did and then called the ENT on duty at Stanford, who then notified Dr. Jackel. Erin was sick again on the way to the hospital in the ambulance.

She has gotten good care at the ER at Sutter General (the hospital of choice of my parents when they were here so I suggested it to the paramedics). They did x-rays and a cat-scan. They have discovered the problem, come up with a plan to take care of the problem and have been consulting with Dr. Jackel all along as well.

She has an abscess (not sure of my spelling)and it has to be drained. They are admitting her to the hospital. Deb has of course called Ron and she was going to call Rob at 6:30 to have him come down. I will update as I learn more. Poor Deb has pulled an all-nighter at the hospital and is still there. I got 2 more hours of sleep than she did.

No comments: